Procurement Manager - Projects
Project & Facility Management - Minor Food
Mid-Senior Level: Full-time
The Minor Food is one of Asia's largest casual dining and quick-service restaurant companies. We are aggressively accelerating the business growth in both domestic and global market.
Our number of restaurants exceeding 1,600 in 21 countries under The Pizza Company, Swensen's, Sizzler, Dairy Queen, Burger King, Basil Thai Kitchen, The Coffee Club, Ribs and Rumps, Riverside, Penang Street, and Poulet. We are a diverse group of down-to-earth, straightforward and very result-oriented people with a vision.
To be a Global Operator of Multiple Food Brands with the Objective of Providing 100% Satisfaction to All Stakeholders. We also share an inspiring organization culture.
Driving to Unlock the Impossibilities. This culture is the foundation in everything we do here.
If you are a highly motivated, extremely organized business executive with a successful track record in driving sales, and are looking for an opportunity to play a key role for an exciting company that will reward you for your dedication, then Minor Food is right for you
Procurement Manager – Projects leads the development of Minor Food project procurement strategies to create process efficiency and visibility, leverage purchase volume, realize benefits from economy of scale, and maximize products/services quality with the goal of driving down total cost of ownership for the group. Includes setting procurement
strategies for different purchase categories, supplier contracting and negotiations, supplier qualification, and establishing quality processes. Emphasis is on strategy, supplier development, negotiations, business relationships, quality, cost, assurance of supply and predictability. Develops the company procurement strategies, policies and tactics required to
achieve objectives. Primary objective is to reduce the cost of supply and meet demand requirements across different brands and business groups, business and quality specifications, and revenue goals. Adds value to the company through managing performance aspects of major strategies and contracts
• Performs all required functions from establishing and standardizing internal customer requirements to the completion of acceptable procurement strategies and contracts which bring measurable value to the corporation and effects the company bottom line
• Meets with stakeholders to understand business priorities, constraints and objectives and translate them into procurement plans; comprehends the industry and the marketplace.
• Champion a strategic sourcing process that will substantially reduce total procurement costs while achieving products/services quality, performance, and delivery expectations for internal and external customers
• Leads the analysis along with Finance and QS team on project procurement spending to identify top spending categories and select quick win categories to further develop strategies to drive down cost
• Design and execute group’s strategic sourcing initiatives, including supply market analysis, strategy development, management of requests for proposal, and supplier negotiations
• Utilize economy of scale, lean techniques and initiatives to create value across the group through, purchase specification reengineering, corporate contracts establishment, and purchase term negotiation to maximize cost reduction.
• Work closely with project managers to understand project purchase requirements in term of product/ services technicality, stores opening schedule and volume, current processes, constraints, and products/ services quality expectation to identify possible products/ services standardization opportunity across different brands or groups to establish corporate contracts
• Lead and conduct bidding for corporate contracts
• Coordinate with project managers and QS on overall data collection and oversee the bid processes, including determination of comparison of services and products offered from a sourcing perspective, supplier outreach and establishing a bid list, data collection and RFQ process, evaluation of proposals with the business units to identify best business solution
• Work with Finance to present financial impacts of standardization and corporate contracts
• Negotiate with suppliers on quality, lead time, pricing and other commercial terms to maximize profitability.
• Drafts contracts, ensuring compliance to legal and internal/external regulations and/or policies.
• Announce, enforce, monitor contracts compliance, and tracks saving
• Manage key suppliers ensuring they meet quality and service requirements while maintaining competitive prices.
• Evaluate and enhance supplier performance, monitor supplier activity relative to pricing, contractual obligation, delivery, scheduling, and productivity
• Develop and continually update supplier relationships and road maps.
• Keep up to date on commodity data and industry trends
• Comprehensive understanding of various operations processes and their quality and cost drivers.
• Ability to work with technical personnel both internally and externally in early stages of design in order to drive down cost out and ensure adherence to specifications.
• Strong teamwork and coordination skill
• Negotiation, problem solving and financial analysis skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation and influencing.
• Energetic, self-motivated individual able to work in fast-paced, schedule-based environment.
• Must be able to multi-task and proactively solve problems.
• Advanced knowledge of supplier development and sourcing in a manufacturing environment.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business administrative, project management, supply chain, architecture, interior or related field– Master Degree is a plus.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in technical Purchasing in related industries.
• Experience in project procurement, FF&E, in food industry is a plus
We are a diverse group of down-to-earth, straightforward and very result-oriented people with a vision. To be a Global Operator of Multiple Food Brands with the objective of providing 100% Satisfaction to all stakeholders.
We also share an inspiring organization culture: Driving to Unlock the Impossibilities. This culture is the foundation in everything we do here. If you are a highly motivated, extremely organized business executive with a successful track record in driving sales, and are looking for an opportunity to play a key role for an exciting company that will reward you for your dedication, then Minor Food is right for you