Minor Food is today one of the world's largest casual dining and quick-service restaurant companies with over 2,200 outlets operating in 27 countries. As an innovator in the food industry, we are passionate in delivering good food and great service to our customers to be a leading food operator maximizing stakeholders’ value.
Today, we proudly operate major food retail brands in the region. Its growing portfolio currently comprises The Pizza Company, Swensen's, Sizzler, Dairy Queen, Burger King, ThaiXpress, The Coffee Club, Riverside Grilled Fish and Benihana, as well as restaurants under the VGC Food Group and Select Service Partners brands. Also under the food division are dairy product manufacturing facilities in Thailand under the names of Minor Dairy Limited and Minor Cheese Limited.
1. Job Purpose:
Assess and negotiate existing and new suppliers, meet with in-house clients. Responsible for routing purchase requisitions, purchase orders and ensuring correct cost and product codes are designed. To coordinate with established vendors, search for new vendors both locally and outside of local area and establish relations with suppliers/vendors. Have to understand the supply market in order to manage the supply efficiently.
2. Main Responsibilities:
· Provide sourcing solution to brand.
· Manage daily operations dealing, including delivery, price/cost analysis, contract negotiation, policies and procedures compliance, logistical co-ordination and liaison support to other functions in the company.
· Ensure high demand and supply projection and reliability for short, medium and long term.
· Conduct raw material procurement and to develop new products according to Marketing Calendar. Ensure all new products are launched on time and that there are no supply issues.
· Frequently interacts with in-house customers to ensure co-operative strategy achievement.
· Responsible for developing and managing supplier relationships.
· Plan the supply in order to have the sufficient of supply and also maintain the minimum stock.
· Play key role in negotiating with suppliers to focus on total cost as opposed to price.
· Conduct sourcing of new potential supplier for product cost reduction.
· Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Adhere to the company’s employee rules & regulations.
- Attend and contribute to all training sessions, meetings and activities as required.
- Exercises responsible behaviour at all times, positively representing the MFG.
- Maintains strong, professional relationship with relevant business partners.
- Ensure high standards of personal presentation and grooming.
- Keep the office and working areas clean and tidy at all times.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
3. Job Profile:
· Work 5 days a week (flexible hours)
· Handle multiple tasks and projects at the same time
· Work under time pressure with little supervision
· Work with massive data, documents, reports and numbers
- Regularly liaise with multiple stakeholders.
- Gather brand requirement and ensure the understanding of product application.
- Work as one team with Marketing, Operation, HR, Accounting, Logistics and QA.
- Stand-by for critical SCM issues at all times. Act like business owner.
- Work location mainly in Bangkok and need to go to stores and supplier sites when necessary.
· Able to work on holidays & weekends, as needed.
- Be the trusted partner of Brands, Suppliers, 3PL.
· Continue improve working process.
· Frequent use of English language.
· Frequent use of computer programs.
· Strong skills in driving for results
· Strong in inter-personality and out-going
· Good in English communication and computer literate
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or any related fields.
· 3 years direct experience in purchasing in food industry.