The Minor Food is one of Asia's largest casual dining and quick-service restaurant companies. We are aggressively accelerating the business growth in both domestic and global market.
Our number of restaurants exceeding 1,600 in 21 countries under The Pizza Company, Swensen's, Sizzler, Dairy Queen, Burger King, The Coffee Club, Bonchon, Ribs and Rumps, Riverside, Penang Street, and Poulet.
- Reporting to the Head of Digital you will operationally run the Digital Platforms of CMS/CRM/Loyalty and Payments as a service to internal stakeholders.
- To be a champion of the Digital Platform by evangelising to senior leaders and internal stakeholders on the merits and benefits of the CMS / CRM / Loyalty & Payments.
- As the senior most platform owner to manage commercial terms and technical tracks with platform vendors.
- Direct ambitious roadmaps defining the work for multiple teams. Facilitate trade-off decisions balancing resource investment, time to market and partner benefit.
- Recruit, coach and empower a high-impact team which can demonstrate solid end-to-end thinking and build out the capabilities needed to deliver robust experiences at scale.
- Actively identify and resolve issues that may impair teams’ ability to meet strategic, financial and technical goals.
- Draw on analytical and quantitative skills to define the right success metrics and critical metrics to measure effectiveness.
- Be comfortable in balancing across leadership, coaching and getting hands dirty in order to get things done.
- Passion for food and product is a requirement, but, moreover, be deeply curious, motivated by always trying to take your product “craftsmanship” to the next level and profoundly persistent
- Proven success delivering high quality user experiences in a fast-paced, agile environment. Experience orchestrating end-to-end functionality in an enterprise environment where different teams own different systems is a big plus.
- Ability to apply strategic frameworks to evaluate concepts and to make well-thought through decisions on the problems to invest time and resources against.
- Ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, address trade-offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with peers and partners.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to adapt to your audience – presenting to leadership at different levels will be a regular occurrence.
- An empirical mindset with a natural predilection to think through metrics, define the right metrics and hold teams accountable to tracking against these.
- A high degree of self-awareness and a willingness to actively listen.
- Bachelor’s degree in analytics, computer science or engineering discipline. MBA preferred.
- A minimum of 5+ years’ experience in product management, leading a portfolio of products and/or projects and driving them from inception through delivery.