The Minor Food is one of Asia's largest casual dining and quick-service restaurant companies. We are aggressively accelerating the business growth in both domestic and global market.
Our number of restaurants exceeding 1,600 in 21 countries under The Pizza Company, Swensen's, Sizzler, Dairy Queen, Burger King, Basil Thai Kitchen, The Coffee Club, Ribs and Rumps, Riverside, Penang Street, and Poulet. We are a diverse group of down-to-earth, straightforward and very result-oriented people with a vision.
To be a Global Operator of Multiple Food Brands with the Objective of Providing 100% Satisfaction to All Stakeholders. We also share an inspiring organization culture.
Driving to Unlock the Impossibilities. This culture is the foundation in everything we do here.
If you are a highly motivated, extremely organized business executive with a successful track record in driving sales, and are looking for an opportunity to play a key role for an exciting company that will reward you for your dedication, then Minor Food is right for you
Procurement Engineer – Projects leads the development of Minor Food facility (repair and maintenance) procurement strategies to create process efficiency and visibility, leverage purchase volume, realize benefits from economy of scale, and maximize products/services quality with the goal of driving down total cost of ownership for the group. Includes setting
procurement strategies for different purchase categories, supplier contracting and negotiations, supplier qualification, and establishing quality processes. Emphasis is on strategy, supplier development, negotiations, business relationships, quality, cost, assurance of supply and predictability. Develops the company procurement strategies, policies and tactics required to achieve objectives. Primary objective is to reduce the cost of supply and meet demand requirements across different brands and business groups, business and quality specifications, and revenue goals. Adds value to the company through managing performance aspects of major strategies and contracts.
• Performs all required functions from establishing and standardizing internal customer requirements to the completion of acceptable engineering procurement strategies and contracts which bring measurable value to the corporation and effects the company bottom line
• Meets with stakeholders to understand business priorities, constraints and objectives and translate them into engineering procurement plans; comprehends the industry and the marketplace.
• Champion a strategic sourcing process that will substantially reduce total engineering procurement costs while achieving products/services quality, performance, and delivery expectations for internal and external customers
• Leads the analysis along with Finance, Engineering, Operation team on engineering procurement spending to identify top spending categories and select quick win categories to further develop strategies to drive down facility cost, preventive and repair maintenance
• Design and execute group’s strategic sourcing initiatives, including supply market analysis, strategy development, management of requests for proposal, and supplier negotiations
• Utilize economy of scale, lean techniques and initiatives to create value across the group through, purchase specification reengineering, corporate contracts establishment, and purchase term negotiation to maximize cost reduction.
• Work closely with Engineering team to understand store operation requirements on service maintenance in term of non-food products/equipment/spare parts/services technicality, store requirement and volume, current processes, constraints, and products/ services quality expectation to identify possible products/ services standardization opportunity across different brands or groups to establish corporate contracts
• Lead and conduct bidding for corporate contracts
• Coordinate with Engineering team on overall data collection and oversee the bid processes, including determination of comparison of services and products offered from a sourcing perspective, supplier outreach and establishing a bid list, data collection and RFQ process, evaluation of proposals with the business units to identify best business solution
• Work with Finance to present financial impacts of standardization and corporate contracts
• Negotiate with suppliers on quality, lead time, pricing and other commercial terms to maximize profitability.
• Drafts contracts, ensuring compliance to legal and internal/external regulations and/or policies.
• Announce, enforce, monitor contracts compliance, and tracks saving
• Manage key suppliers ensuring they meet quality and service requirements while maintaining competitive or comply with Minor standard rates
• Evaluate and enhance supplier performance, monitor supplier activity relative to pricing control and contractual obligation
• Develop and continually update supplier relationships and road maps.
• Keep up to date on commodity data and industry trends
• Comprehensive understanding of various operations processes and their quality and cost drivers.
• Ability to work with technical personnel both internally and externally.
• Strong teamwork and coordination skills.
• Negotiation, problem solving and financial analysis skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation and influencing.
• Energetic, self-motivated individual able to work in fast-paced, schedule-based environment.
• Must be able to multi-task and proactively solve problems.
• Ability to work under high pressure
• Advanced knowledge of supplier development and sourcing in engineering/preventive and repair maintenance environment.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business administrative, engineering or related field– Master Degree is a plus.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in technical Purchasing in related industries.
• Experience in engineering procurement, project construction, FF&E, in food industry is a plus
We are a diverse group of down-to-earth, straightforward and very result-oriented people with a vision. To be a Global Operator of Multiple Food Brands with the objective of providing 100% Satisfaction to all stakeholders.
We also share an inspiring organization culture: Driving to Unlock the Impossibilities. This culture is the foundation in everything we do here. If you are a highly motivated, extremely organized business executive with a successful track record in driving sales, and are looking for an opportunity to play a key role for an exciting company that will reward you for your dedication, then Minor Food is right for you