Published on 20/05/2021
The Minor Food Group PCL. (“We” or the “Company”) uses CCTV cameras to monitor and record individuals on and around certain premises of the Company. We have established and disclose this CCTV Privacy Statement as our approach to explain how we collect, use or disclose your personal data, and how we protect personal data and properly handle such data according to the Personal Data Protection Act B.E. 2562 (2019) (“PDPA”).
The Company regularly reviews and, if appropriate, updates this Privacy Statement from time to time to ensure that your personal data is properly protected. In case of any significant update to this Privacy Statement, the Company will inform you via appropriate channel.
1. Purposes of Processing Personal Data
We collect your personal data through the CCTV system for the following purposes:
1.1 To monitor and maintain the security of the Company’s premises, including monitoring safety of customers, employees and assets of the Company;
1.2 To prevent fraud, including undertaking internal audit for fraud detection and investigation;
1.3 To monitor and handle customers’ complaints to ensure product and service quality;
1.4 To conduct investigation in case of whistleblowing.
The processing of your personal data above is necessary for the Company’s legitimate interest for guaranteeing the security of the Company’s premises and for ensuring the operation standard of the Company.
2. Personal Data We Collect
We collect images caught on CCTV cameras which may include static images and video images, and voice may be also recorded at some of our restaurants.
3. Data Retention Period
The images will be kept for up to 90 days. After that period, any CCTV recorded footage is automatically deleted.
4. Data Disclosure
Your data may be communicated to the relevant government bodies and authorities if necessary and requested as authorized under the applicable laws.
5. Personal Data Subject Rights
You have the following rights under the conditions set out under applicable law:
- Request access to your personal data - You are entitled at any time to obtain your personal data that we store, in accordance with applicable law and without any fee. However, in exceptional cases, we ask you to pay reasonable fees before we provide the information if permitted by applicable law.
- Request correction of your personal data - You may request that we rectify any of your personal data that is incomplete or incorrect.
- Request erasure of your personal data - You may request that we delete your account and your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data - You have the right to object to collection, use or disclosure of personal data, which is carried out to protect our legitimate interests or for the performance of tasks in the public interest, at any time, in accordance with the statutory provisions. If you file an objection, we will continue to collect, use or disclose your personal data only if we can document mandatory and legitimate reasons that outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or if collection, use or disclosure is for the establishment, compliance or exercise of legal claims or defense of legal claims, as may be applicable.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data - You may ask us to restrict the use of your personal data, for example, if you have objected to the processing and the existence of legitimate grounds is still under consideration.
- Request transfer of your personal data - If applicable, you may request us to send you your personal data, which we store in a commonly used and machine-readable format, or to send or transfer your personal data in such format to other data controllers as provided by the law.
- Right to withdraw consent - You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of our processing based on such consent before it was withdrawn.
- Right to file a complaint - You have the right to file a complaint to the supervisory authority under the PDPA anytime the Company violates or does not comply with the PDPA.
To protect your privacy and security, we will verify your identity before responding to such request, and your request will be answered within a reasonable timeframe. We may not be able to allow you to access certain personal data in some cases, e.g. if your personal data is connected with personal data of other persons, or for legal reasons. In such cases, we will provide you with an explanation why you cannot obtain this information. We may also deny your request for deletion or rectification of your personal data due to statutory provisions, especially those affecting our accounting processes, processing of claims, for fraud detection or prevention purposes, and mandatory data retention, which may prohibit deletion or anonymization.
6. Security Measures for Personal Data
We implement appropriate and strict security measures for protecting the security of personal data in order to prevent unauthorized or unlawful loss, access to, use, alteration, correction or disclosure of personal data.
7. Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or our privacy practices or exercise of your rights, please contact our employees of the premises you are currently on; or
by post: The Minor Food Group PCL., 11th Floor, 88 The PARQ Building, Ratchadaphisek Road, Klong Toei, Bangkok 10110, Thailand; or
by email: [email protected]